Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Unable to decrypt in HTML formatted email [ Reply ]
By: Julian Tosh on 2006-12-02 13:18
[forum:721]
In outlook, I usually reply to a person's HTML formatted email and go back and copy what I wrote to the clipboard and encrypt. Then I'll paste the pgp message block over the space of the plaintext.

When the other person receives the message, they copy the pgp message block to the clipboard. When they try to decrypt, they get the error. If they paste the pgp message block to notepad, the pgp message block actually shows blank lines in between every line of the pgp message block.

You can recover the message by manually deleting those blank lines, re-copying the now correctly formatted pgp message block and decrypting.

RE: Unable to decrypt in HTML formatted email [ Reply ]
By: Timo Schulz on 2006-12-02 10:48
[forum:719]
I would need some more details.

Do you use GPGol or directly the WinPT current window mode? And if so, the problem is that WinPT does not care for the HTML format and propably do not "display" it correctly after decryption.

The clipboard and current window mode works best with plain text emails.

Because there is no way to "integrate" the html layout commands back in the email, a decrypted html mail is practically useless without a html viewer.

Unable to decrypt in HTML formatted email [ Reply ]
By: Julian Tosh on 2006-11-29 22:02
[forum:711]
When I receive an email with HTML formatting, I am unable to directly decrypt the PGP message.

I have to copy it to notepad, remove extra line feeds to decrypt it. Is this normal behavior or a bug?